Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Seriously...?



So I don't know if I've just had bad luck with bugs, or if bugs are just going to be more of a problem for me out here? So when we moved here one of the first things my mom did was go around and spray for bugs both outside and in. Everytime she would see an ant I would see her go straight for the spray! She did such a good job that I haven't had to think much about the strange little bugs we were finding.


Well, yesterday we were walking into the grocery store and suddenly my forehead started to itch, then the right side of my face, then my right ear! Then I started to swell...in the grocery store! I never found what bit me multiple times, I like to think it was an innocent little mosquito--even though I know it wasn't.


I have been working on our flower beds that have been overtaken by "Day Lillies" -- which I don't really like, but these yucky little Japanese Beetles sure like them. I'm resonably certain every Japanese Beetle in Vermont was living inside of these plants. Needless to say they were very unhappy when I came in with the shovel, and they let me know it!

As if that wasn't enough, I was washing our sheets today and when I pulled back the top sheet....there was A DEAD BUG! So needless to say I have been feeling bugs crawling on me all day! GROSS!







4 comments:

Vanessa said...

EWE!!! Make sure none of those bugs sneak in your back when you come to visit! Hehehe!!!!

The Cobells said...

Oh my gosh. How is your face now? We have ants and spiders, so far. Good luch with those bugs!

Peggy said...

I guess your mom needs to come back and spray! I'm glad to see the Kofford's saying goodbye.

Angie said...

I hate japanese beetles- they fly at you and bite. Ugh! I bet you have lots of of juicy bugs there. so sorry.