Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Isn't It Ironic?

If you know me you know that my BIGGEST pet peeve is to hear people chew their food. Having "bionic ears" as Nate likes to call them, is a Gorham Family curse. If in our company you chew loudly, or with your mouth open, you will surely have the eye of death starring down on you from any and all Gorham's. I feel badly that it bothers me so much, but it is what it is.


How can I LOVE to listen to Chase chew. There is nothing sweeter to me than the sound of him enjoying every bite. The sound of the little crunch he makes with his 2 teeth melts my heart every time. He also loves to hum when he chews, just like his daddy! I think it is ironic that our little ones can do the very thing we dislike the most and make it something beautiful.

4 comments:

Steph and Andrew said...

he is stinkin cute

Vanessa said...

That is hilarious! Isn't that the truth, John can't stand it when I am constantly glraing at him because I can hear him eating. My kids just know they eat with their mouths closed or they don't eat.

Peggy said...

Yes, and along with that, it was "leave the plate for next time", when your dad and I first got married! It's definitely the Gorham side!
He can chew all he wants! Those eyes say it all. Sure love him!

Nicole said...

First off... I hope I've never chewed loudly in front of you. Sorry if I ever had. That is funny!

All the firsts are a blast aren't they?