Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kickin' Cancer

This blog is in honor of my sister. I can't find the words to say how much I love and admire this woman. She has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, but that's not what I want everyone to know about her, there is so much more!

First, she is my oldest sister, and my best friend. She is a wife to her husband, a mother to her 3 beautiful children, a friend to everyone she meets. She is the strongest woman I know, she is a fighter. Even though she has this cancer, she will fight it! As her oldest son says and it has kind of become our families motto, "we're going to kick cancer's butt"! And she will, and we will be with her every step of the way! This is a strong woman, and I am so thankful that she is my sister.

I have been able to come back to Utah to spend some time with my sister, and I can't say how grateful I am to be able to be here with her at this time. I know I won't be able to be here for everything, but I want her to know I am always with her. I love you Shauna!

We have set up a blog to keep everyone updated. The blog is http://www.teamshauna.blogspot.com/ if you want to take a look and see how's she's doing and it is also full of great info on breast cancer. Please keep her and her family in your prayers! Thank you

3 comments:

Angie said...

Di- I am so sorry and so grateful to know that Shauna has someone like you to support and help her through this. Please pass on our love.

Dena said...

Dearest Di,
My heart to yours. You do not know how very important you and Chase meant to me, right before I left to help care for my Mom. Both your spirits brought a peace, strength and comfort to me that I cannot put into words. The memory is one of the sustaining blessings I am receiving. Thank you. Your sister will be blessed by the happy times you spend together. Be strong, be good, be you-you are the best!

Love, Dena

Peggy said...

Your words will give Shauna the strength to get through this. Love is a powerful thing. It is through our love and support that Shauna will feel the love of our Heavenly Father. Love is the tie that binds us.