Thursday, October 27, 2011

11 months

I don't know how this happened, but the calendar doesn't lie. My babies are 11 months old today! It seems like they were just this small. Baby 'A' and Baby 'B'


To say I am completely in love with them would be such an understatement.


Reid,

You are the most adorable little chunk I have ever laid my eyes on. Every time you smile, I can't help but smile. Your cheeks lift up, eyes disappear, arms straight out at your sides, and always flapping. You have the most adorable raspy voice. I fall for your every cry or whimper...and you know it, and take full advantage of it. You LOVE to eat, anything! We're pretty sure you would snack all day if we would offer. When you're eating your feet are waving with excitement, and you hum while chewing each bite. (just like your daddy) When you're sad, you actually frown. While nobody makes you laugh like your brothers and daddy, I'm still your favorite! I'm going to hold onto that role as long as I can.  I'm certain the day will come, very soon, when you wait for your daddy all day long, just like your biggest brother.


Drew,

I have no idea how you are so happy, but I am so thankful for you and your wrinkled nosed smile. You are thrilled about life. Sometimes, you even cry with a smile!? You are a very busy boy, and curious about everything around you.  You love crawling all over to check out any forgotten treasure left behind by your biggest brother, whom you whole heartedly adore. You could play by yourself all day, by throwing a toy and crawling to it, then doing it all over again. I love to listen to you giggle at yourself. You are my little munchkin, 3 pounds lighter than your other half sure makes you feel tiny! Every time I hold you, you wrap your leg around me as if you're holding on by your foot. It makes me never want to put you down.  You completely adore your biggest brother. Like, a lot! There is no one that can make you giggle like he can without even trying. I love to see the short glimpses into your future relationships with your brothers. But, for now, I am still your person. I cannot tell you how much I wish I could hold onto this role for the rest of my life, but I know that's not how it will always be. So, for now, I will cherish each day that I'm the one always wanted by you and your brother. Time is flying by, and the more I want it to slow down, the faster it seems to go.

My little ones, the day I found out that you were both growing inside of me was a day full of many emotions. We were so humbled and grateful with the blessing of you coming to our family. Mixed with the excitement I was so scared I couldn't be all that you needed and deserved in a mother. The minute I held you both in my arms, my heart took over and I was your mom. Nothing else mattered. We have figured it out, day by day, together. Some days have been better than others, but each day I will treasure forever.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

You made me cry! That was beautiful. You are a wonderful daughter, mother and friend!
Your loving words bring back so many cherished "memories". Keep enjoying each moment and every day. Time never stands still!
Love you babe!
.........hey, you really want us for Christmas? :)

kimmy said...

Like your momma, your letters made ME cry! Those three boys sure are the biggest blessings, but we are all better for having befriended the entire Kofford crew. You are family to us. Happy 11 months, sweet boys. xoxo

Cameron Nelson said...

Diana, I found your blog online as I was looking up info on the anesthesia residency program at Dartmouth and didn't know how else to communicate with you. I'm a fourth-year med student at GW in DC (also went to BYU and the U and am originally from SLC). I have an interview at Dartmouth for anesthesia this Monday December 5th and my wife and baby son (6 mo old) will be coming with me. I was wondering if my wife could call you sometime this coming week to talk about living in Vermont (about the ward, etc). We're both very excited about Dartmouth. Could I get your number? Also I emailed your husband as well to talk about the program. I'm sure he's very busy but could I get his number to call him this weekend if possible? Thanks!

Sincerely,

Cameron Nelson (cameronrnelson@gmail.com)

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.