Friday, September 24, 2010

no babies today, please.

Just last week, I was feeling pretty good, really, not much to complain about. Then the contractions started...

I am currently lying in a hospital bed at 26 weeks pregnant, praying with all I've got that this is just a bad dream. It could be worse, I just have to keep reminding myself of that. So far, we're able to get the contractions to slow down with a lot of meds, but they unfortunately won't send me home on these meds. So we are just waiting to see if my body can not go into labor without the the meds so I can go home....yes, please, I REALLY want to go home. Home is where everything is ok. Where the babies are ok, and where Chase is ok. And they are everything, and I really want all of them to be ok.

Last night was my first night away from my little guy. Not because I wouldn't have loved to have an opportunity to have a night away, but because quite frankly I have just never had the opportunity. I really wish my first night away from him could have been on a super romantic getaway with my hubby where we have no worries in the world, instead, I am here, worrying about far too much for my brain to handle. Chase woke up in the middle of the night and wanted me. It broke my heart to hear he wanted me and I was here, not there for him, and there is where I should be, where we all should be.

We are very lucky, in so many ways....but I just want a little more luck, more importantly, our babies need the luck. They are so little, they need more time, a lot more time. Even though I am unbelievably excited to have our two littliest ones here...no babies today, please!

8 comments:

Adam B said...

Di- I am so sorry to hear about this challenge. Its nice to have a hospital to work at, but really, who wants to spend the night? Isn't overnight at the hospital supposed to be Nate's specialty? I hope that your body adjusts and that you can get back home soon. We miss you guys and we will keep you and your little ones in our prayers.

Cher said...

oh no, i'm sorry! my neighbor alwasys starts contractions that early too, and with bed rest and meds she makes it to like 35 weeks. so i hope you can at least have bed rest in your own home. we'll be praying for you!

Jeremy and Jami said...

WHAT?!?!?!?! Why didn't you call us? Yikes. You are in our prayers and please let us know if you need us to keep Chase for a bit.

Dena said...

In spite of everything going on, relax, breathe, open your heart and mind to peace. Trust the Lord. You are His beloved daughter. You are a strong woman. You are doing his will. He will expand your abilities. Have faith.

We love you.
Dena

Todd Kerby said...

A great cook is on her way hope your home to enjoy it. She will have a great time with Chase and I think the fall is much prettier than Jan for her to see Vermont. Grandma will spoil all of you! Sorry to hear things are so scary. We are praying for you!
Benka

Angie said...

Oh sweetie!- we'll keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

Carole said...

Sorry you are in the hospital but that is the best place to be right now. They have so many medications that can stop contractions and buy you the time the babies need. Sounds like Chase is in good hands, too. You will be in my prayers...

Here And Happy! said...

Oooh! Prayers and more prayers. You'll make it home--all three of you.